Keep Our Service Free-Donate

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Happy is he who owes nothing-Financial Stranglehold Solutions


Bruce’s Poor Man Survival Bulletin

A Digest of Urban Survival Resources


For Independent Minded People!

ISSN 2161-5543

In This Issue:

1.      Long term survival for your community

2.      Struggling Financially-How to Cut Expenses

3.      New TV Show-Revolution

4.      Compact hydro plant-grow 10,000 vegetables



Felix qui nihil debet." ("Happy is he who owes nothing.")
-- Roman Proverb



We have been struggling financially for over a year now. We make just enough money to pay the bills, but our biggest problem seems to be emergencies. Just when we think we are getting ahead, something always goes wrong (i.e. car breaks down, kids have to go to the doctor (no insurance and I make too much for medicaid) or something in the house breaks and it is always something big). We've cut down on all our expenses, but the more I cut back the more problems we seem to have. How can we get ahead if we are always getting knocked back?



When you think you have no wiggle room in your budget…



When I thought I couldn't cut back in one more place I would always find someplace where I could still cut. I frequently have people tell me, "We just can't cut back any more," but they still have cell phones, Internet, cable, kids in sports or other optional activities and they're constantly spending a dollar here and there for little things like flowers for their yards, fertilizer and even water for watering these things. None of these are real needs.



Once I knew there was no place to cut back at all, I would make do the best I could. If my washer was out, I would wash things by hand until I could get a new one.

Once my car was wrecked so badly that I had no window on the driver side (it was winter), I couldn't open the door and I could only turn left wherever I went. I drove it like this for ages.



For years, my roof leaked so badly that I had to keep a child's swimming pool under the leak to catch the water. I frequently had to stay up all night dumping buckets of water out.

One night, I was beside myself trying to figure out the exact same thing you asked me - How do I save for an emergency when there isn't one penny left and things keep happening?

I finally prayed about it. (Why didn't I do that first? I know better now.) I realized my finances were in God's hands. I had been a good steward of my money but there was still no money available so, if God wanted me to save for emergencies, He would have to provide it for me.

I didn't get any extra money right away but, with each and every emergency that came, He provided a way to take care of it. After a while, I didn't even worry about savings because, as long as I continued to be a wise steward, He would take care of it

I didn't get any extra money right away but, with each and every emergency that came, He provided a way to take care of it. After a while, I didn't even worry about savings because, as long as I continued to be a wise steward, He would take care of it.

When I fully relaxed about it, I started finding myself getting a little extra here and there. Now I have enough saved to cover life's little emergencies and I can save on a regular basis.



The financial gurus are talking to the huge percentage of people who are squandering their money, living like there is no tomorrow, but there is another group of people who simply don't have the money. At one point, I talked to a very good financial adviser. When he first started talking to me, he knew he could find money for me to save. By the end of the conversation, he just shook his head. He couldn't find one penny that I was wasting and finally told me that my only problem was that I needed more money coming in. It does sometimes happen that way but it is usually very rare.

Source:  Living on a Dime Newsletter

NOTE:  You’ll also find plenty of ways to cut costs at our website:  http://www.poormansurvival.com/Pages/pennypinchers.aspx



Free Resource:  LearnVest, online budgeting program



Save money by grooming pets yourself.  Find DIY tutorials at: PetSide.com



PM’s Compendium of Useful Resources



Do you love gardening as much as I do? Here are some powerful tips for growing your own superfoods right at home:
http://www.naturalnews.com/036809_superfoods_home_garden_tips.html




Japanese homebuilding firm Daiwa House Industry has developed the Agri-Cube, a unit that fits inside a standard parking space and can produce around 30 vegetables a day.

We like to feature startups aiming to aid urban crop growth with innovative hydroponic solutions, from the NASA-inspired Green Wheel indoor rotary garden to Efficient City Farming’s rooftop aquaponic farm. Now Japanese homebuilding firm Daiwa House Industry has developed the Agri-Cube, a unit that fits inside a standard parking space and can produce 10,000 vegetables a year.





What happens to our society if we lose all electricity? A new TV show premiering next month, Revolution, will explore that question. It will be set in a world "where every single piece of technology—computers, planes, cars, phones, even lights—has mysteriously blacked out forever."

Though the cause of Revolution's blackout will be revealed in the course of the show, it certainly points to an electromagnetic pulse (EMP)—a threat that is, in fact, plausible and for which the United States is unprepared.



This is REAL: U.S. banks are now officially being told to prepare for a financial collapse -- and that the government won't be there to bail them out this time:
http://www.naturalnews.com/036813_banks_financial_collapse_derivatives_meltdown.html



Get disaster insurance help-resolve problems after natural disasters at:  http://UPHelp.org/programs/RoadMaptoRecovery



The Nanny State Updates…



Social Security Money Withheld Because of Unpaid Student Loans

From January through August 6 of this year, the government reduced the size of about 115,000 retirees' Social Security checks…these people are often older and have their Social Security benefits withheld - by law, the government must leave them at least $750. They are delinquent on a range of loans, including those federal student loans parents took out for their children…

The National Consumer Law Center in Boston has set up a website to assist borrowers to avoid default and to outline steps to take if they do default on a loan.



SWAT Team Brings TV Crew To Film Raid Against Threatening Internet Critic -- Raids Innocent Grandma Instead

Evansville, Indiana police intent on "sending a message" that online threats against police will not be tolerated organized a massive raid against a forum troll on an online forum. The police decided to bring a TV crew to film their raid against their critic, they also brought a SWAT team. Rather than knock on the accused's front door, which was wide open, the police instead threw two flash-bang stun grenades through their front window and storm door.

Unfortunately, rather than finding the home occupied by a gun-toting cop killer, they found an entirely innocent grandmother and 18-year-old girl, who were both shocked and confused.




The Parting Thought- Build and safeguard your community

The Redemption Project

PM’s Survival Think Tank



 Long-Term Survival for Your Community

Almost anyone who has given the topic of long-term survival any serious thought has probably come to the conclusion that a family will not be able to survive a serious hard times tragedy event unless their community also survives. There are two major reasons for this:

>If your neighbors are not prepared then they may decide to unite together and attack your family and take everything you have and divide it equally among themselves.

>If your neighbors are prepared then your neighborhood will need to be able to defend itself from roving bands of looters who have no hope of survival unless than can overrun and kill everyone in a small community and take everything they have.

Either of the two above scenarios would result in the death of your family. Therefore some people spend an enormous amount of time and effort thinking about how they can get their community organized before a significant hard times tragedy event occurs.



Examples of nurturing a community…

One should be able to provide some practical information about how to boil water for one minute to make it safe to drink, and how to collect rainwater using tarps (a clean plastic shower curtain could be used as a tarp), and how to make some of the wild edible plants that grow in your area safe for human consumption (such as dandelions, cattails, white oak acorns, and kudzu), and how to skin and butcher a wild game animal and how to soak the wild game meat in some cool water that contains a little salt before cooking the meat in order to make it more tender and tasty. This is information that most people do not currently know and this is the type of information that could extend the lives of their family members and gradually help your community become a productive community where everyone provides for his or her own family's needs but who also shares the responsibility of defending their entire community from intruders from the outside.



Get our short overview of how you can start and develop a community…



From the Poor Man Survival Lecture Series…Creating your own community in a digital age..Four Step Plan for Weathering the Coming Financial Storm

One of the survival topics that is frequently discussed on a variety of internet forums is how to create a community of like-minded individuals, and how to organize and train that community so it has the highest possible chance of surviving almost any type of hard times tragedy event. Part of our plan incorporates this goal - before the storm hits.

Scroll down just a bit to find this folder…




“Until the next revolution”, the Poor Man



Follow us on Facebook




 Twitter




Keep our services free, visit our sites…

Check our Resources



New self sufficiency books added weekly




A Shallow Planet Production

1 comment:

minimalistgroup said...

What, No money? Happens to all of us and it's a pain. Since the start of the year we've run into unexpected expenses averaging $2K a month and it's drained us.