Keep Our Service Free-Donate

Monday, May 18, 2015

Make your own Jerky, Camping Hacks & Stuff You'll Love


 

 

Poor Man Survival

Self Reliance tools for independent minded people…


 

ISSN 2161-5543

A Digest of Urban Survival Resources

 

Don't live by chance, live by choice.

 

 

Start Your Beef Jerky Addiction


 

I love beef jerky. It's healthy, tasty, portable, and easy to make. I may be addicted to it...No, I most definitely am.

I've been making homemade jerky for years. It all began with my dad, who taught me how to make venison jerky using an old and simple recipe. We made as much as we could, but it never seemed to last very long...hmm?

Our original recipe was solid but, determined to make it even better, I branched out further; adding new flavors and refining the methods further than ever before. These days I pretty much have it down to a science and can whip up a delicious batch in no time.

Eventually my friends found out about my jerky stash. They wanted to try some. Once they tried it they wanted their own bag. I took some to work. My co-workers demanded I supply jerky for all future meetings and business trips. The point is that I've shared my jerky with many people and the vast majority of them have really enjoyed it.  More at:


 

 

19 Camping Hacks That Are Too Genius


 


Camping is a great activity for the whole family, allowing you to escape everyday life and spend quality time together without cell phone reception and the internet…

These 19 camping hacks will help you enjoy the experience that little bit more, from how to start a fire with Dorito’s to making a handy lantern from a bottle of Mountain Dew.

Head across to Diply.com to see all 19 brilliant ideas!


 

Stuff You Can Use [and share]

 


 Why I love my cast iron skillets
read more here

 

Pool Party

Last year, my niece graduated from high school. My sister wanted to throw a party, but couldn't spend a lot. She decided to do a garden party. On her picnic table, she put a kid's blow up pool and filled it with ice. Salad ingredients were placed in bowls that floated on the ice water. Everything was cold and tasty!

 

Can you really store enough food? »
There is probably not a single person who knows how long the food supply would actually last following a complete collapse. I know one thing for sure; it will not be long enoughMore »

 


 


 


 


 


 

Yours for better living,
Bruce 'the Poor Man' 

 

Books, Art, Video – the saucy, the odd, the retro, even the practical…
 


 

 

A Shallow Planet Production

No comments: