Keep Our Service Free-Donate

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

It's often easier to be angry than it is to be thankful...




 

If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice.  ~Meister Eckhart

 It is often easier to be angry than it is to be thankful…

Despite my non-stop griping about the government and society, about interruptions to various service platforms, brain dead zombies who clog up the system, about subscribers who don’t read my stuff, business deals gone south, about my life, blah, blah, blah…

I have a lot to be grateful for.

I have a wonderful, caring wife who always takes the time to listen to my rants.

I survived a near-death heart attack and surgery (though I’m not 100%, the alternative wasn’t very rosy either).

I do have a number of subscribers who read and share my newsletter and website resources.

I still live in a land of relative freedom.

I haven’t lost my home or have been forced to live on the street.

I have some very dear, wonderful friends (who also listen to my rants).

There are vast numbers of Americans who have been wounded during their military service, vast numbers who have lost their jobs or homes, vast numbers doing jail time for a non-crime, and vast numbers who feel hopeless or abandoned, abused by a spouse, victimized by classmates and more…

Think about what you have that you might be grateful about and thank someone for being a part of your life…and DON’T shop on Thanksgiving Day!

God Bless All of You!

Bruce ‘the Poor Man’   (Your regularly scheduled rant will resume on Sunday)


 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

escapeartist said...

Terrific sentiment! Enjoy your holiday!