Poor Man Survival
Self Reliance tools for independent minded people…
A Digest of Urban Survival Resources
Why is now a good time to think about taxes?
How to File a complaint against the IRS
We don’t often think about taxes until it gets closer to April. But that can be a mistake. The tax year runs along with the calendar year for most of us. So, when you file taxes in 2023, you’ll file your tax return for 2022. That means you just have a couple of short weeks to get the biggest bang for your buck.
Here are some articles we have on taxes and what to expect.
- 7 Ways Retirees Can Lower Their Income Taxes
- New Bill Could Lower Taxes for Retirees in 2023
- 17 Ways Your Income Taxes Will Be Different in 2023
- 15 Cities Where People Pay the Most in Taxes
- IRS Hikes Penalties for Underpaying Taxes in 2023
- 5 Ways to Avoid Taxes on Social Security Income
- 6 Free and Cheap Ways to File Your Taxes Online
- How to Save Money on Tax Prep and Do Your Own Taxes
- 8 Things That Can Happen If You Don’t Pay Taxes
- 4 Strategies to Avoid Taxes on Required Minimum Distributions
Tips for reducing your tax bill
We also talk about different ways you can reduce your tax bill. Here are some additional articles and ideas about how you can legally reduce what you owe in taxes.
- 4 Ways to Tax-Proof Your Investment Portfolio
- Tax Strategies That Save You Money
- 5 Things You Need to Know About This Horrible Stock Market
- 3 Things You Need to Know Before Making a Donation
- How to Save on Taxes With Qualified Charitable Distributions
- 10 Top-Rated Charities for Year-End Donations
- Health Savings Accounts and Why They Are Great for Retirement
- This Overlooked Retirement Tax Credit Gets Better in 2023
- Have a 401(k)? Here’s a Secret Retirement Plan You Probably Don’t Know About
- Over 50? Here’s How to Catch Up on Retirement Savings
- Work for Yourself? Here’s How to Reduce Self-Employment Taxes
NOTE: CPAs and tax preparers report the highest number of IRS problems ever encountered since Biden took office…delayed refunds [we’ve been waiting 10 months for a refund while the IRS loses documents sent four times], lost paperwork, etc.
Also, the highly intrusive and controlling ‘$600 income reporting’ legislation [it was set originally for $20K] that citizens will be forced to report and account for [regardless if you sent a gift or loan to a relative via Venmo] is on a temporary hold as the IRS regroups its 50,000 new hires and irons out confusion.
Grover Norquist to Newsmax: NYT Wrong to Say IRS Won't Target Families
To file a complaint with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), you must contact either the Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) (also available by phone at (800) 366-4484) or the Office of the Taxpayer Advocate (also available by phone at (877) 777-4778).
A complaint against someone working for the IRS or posing as an IRS agent for the purpose of obtaining personal or financial information should be sent to the TIGTA whereas the Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) can help you resolve a problem with the IRS
· Call (800) 366-4484 to file a complaint by phone.
· Mail a written complaint to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration Hotline at P.O. Box 589, Ben Franklin Station, Washington, DC 20044-0589.
· Email a complaint to Complaints@tigta.treas.gov, which goes to the TIGTA Hotline Complaints Unit.
· Complete and submit the online complaint form here.
The IRS issued a last-minute
reprieve to online sellers on Friday: companies that process payments on
people's behalf will not have to report them on Form 1099K at the lower $600
threshold for the 2022 tax-year.
Domestic communists [aka: Dems] have succeeded in indoctrinating ‘journalists’, students, lawyers, etc. to the point where Americans what they believe anymore…why would Taiwan or other ally put any trust in Biden or Dems?
o Warning Signs of America’s Destruction – Jonathan Cahn
Resolve to Stash More Cash This Year
As you already know, in 2008 we experienced one of the greatest financial meltdowns in modern history.
Markets around the world crashed. Stock prices dropped. Once “invincible” financial institutions started showing signs of collapse.
Then Governments “came to the rescue”, handing out massive bailouts and stimulus packages to keep the world economy afloat.
We’ve been told these drastic measures prevented a total collapse of our system...
But all it did was show the cracks in the system. Many lost faith in the financial system and the U.S Government.
And now its possible things could get worse.
Because we’re nearly $31 TRILLION in debt, and if that bubble pops?
Your money could go to zero. Here’s how:
Once investors who are buying Treasury securities (which finance the U.S. government’s debt) start to think the United States is in over its head, they may demand higher interest rates to cover the growing risk of buying Treasuries. This could trigger a further debt spiral, leaving Washington short of money.
In other words? Boom.
Because once our debt collectors come knocking on our door, we’re screwed. $31 trillion in debt would be owed…
No matter why you are in debt, these tips can help pay that debt off. With some dedicated dollar stretching and these smart money moves, you can dive into a debt-elimination diet and become debt-free this year.
Grocery Shoppers Changing Buying Habits
5 Financial Resolutions Everyone Should Make
Are you making financial resolutions this new year? Try these simple steps to a brighter financial future.
Your Next Tax Refund May Be Smaller
We Waste 1/3 of Food We Buy; How to Combat Waste
Cities Where Inflation is Rising the Most/Least
Bare bones budgeting, when you just have no room left in the budget, can be hard. Use these tactics when you need to go one step further with trimming an already tight budget.
Be Ready For The Unexpected-Emergency Supplies Available
Natural & Man-Made Disasters happen frequently-Is your family prepared for the unexpected?
· Emergency solar/hand cranked radios; First Aid supplies, Emergency kits, 72-Hour Food Kits, Bug-Out Backpacks
· Open M-F 9:30-5 @ Stor-Your-Stuff 151 N Blacks Corners Rd Imlay City 48444 [near 4th St] *While supplies last-limited quantities.
Natural disasters don't wait for a convenient time
And you shouldn't wait to prepare either. In some cases there is little to no warning.
Prepare now to lessen the impact of disasters and emergencies
Remember: You can’t buy life insurance after you’re dead!
Super Emergency Survival Kit
- Solar phone charger
- 72-hour 4Patriot emergency food pack [25 year shelf life
- 4Patriot Greens sample pack [Power supplement]
- 3 Luna Nutrition bars [assorted]+Sunmaid raisin pouch
- Cleaning Wipe Pack
- Steel River Emergency Tent
- Mini First Aid kit
- TRS 5N1 EDC folding tool
- 3-package meal sampler
- Paracord bracelet w/ compass
- Reusable Face Mask
- Personal Water Filter Straw
- 11-Piece Emergency Survival Kit
Useful Resources from our storefront-See new items!
You Can’t Buy Life Insurance After You’re Dead-Prepare NOW for Emergencies…
A portion of our proceeds is donated to charitable Veterans groups such as Wounded Warriors & the VFW!
Support our efforts by shopping my storefront…