Poor Man Survival
Self Reliance tools for independent minded people…
A Digest of Urban Survival Resources
Are the Socialist-Democrats Hell Bent on Destroying Trump?
By all rights, the Democratic Party should be split into two parties-a socialist party and a Democratic party. This is unlikely to happen as from what I can see, few in that party have any ethics and ironically, they rail against the President for his ethics.
Even though the Mueller Report found no collusion on the part of President Trump…as I strongly stated in this blog in 2016, stubborn Democrats refuse to back down from persecuting Trump further.
Even though Hillary Clinton had delivered her concession speech, Clinton and her team were not ready to give up, and so they needed a strategy to de-legitimize the election results. They eventually decided on a plan to “blame Russia” for Hillary’s loss, and that included really pushing a narrative that the Trump campaign had colluded with the Russians to defeat Clinton. As this plan was rolled out, this narrative was eagerly embraced by pro-Clinton members of federal law enforcement agencies, a fake dossier from disgraced MI6 agent Steele and it ultimately resulted in the 675 day Mueller investigation. Robert Mueller issued nearly 2,800 subpoenas and conducted 500 witness interviews, and in the end he found that there was no collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians…
In a book entitled “Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton’s Doomed Campaign”, two Clinton insiders revealed that the “blame Russia” narrative was invented during a post-election campaign meeting that had been called by John Podesta and Robby Mook…
That strategy had been set within twenty-four hours of her concession speech. Mook and Podesta assembled her communications team at the Brooklyn headquarters to engineer the case that the election wasn’t entirely on the up-and-up. For a couple of hours, with Shake Shack containers littering the room, they went over the script they would pitch to the press and the public. Already, Russian hacking was the centerpiece of the argument.
Obviously they were looking for a way to steal the election from Trump, but that didn’t work.
Just prior to the release of preliminary information from Attorney General Bob Barr, Democrats held a telephone conference to talk about their Plan B to harass the President. As I wrote in 2016, they will not their non-stop investigations him and his family and his businesses. [I plan to reveal more of the reasons why later this week].
With multiple ‘front’ runners on their ticket for the next election each hoping to sucker the younger generation into believing they will be able to deliver trillions of dollars of free goodies….in reality, they’re perverting financial reality.
There's a division in America so extreme it's hard to see a way back. Whether it's left vs. right, race - or religion. It's never been like this...The toxic intolerance that Progressives demonstrate toward Middle America has grown to fervor like toxic intensity in the media, on campuses, in Congress, on the campaign trail, etc.
- A Liberal vs. Conservative Culture War: that's near-identical to the buildup of every major civil war in history. With each viewing the other as vermin... Increasing the chances a civil conflict will spread like wildfire...
“Vice President Mike Pence says the left uses euphemisms and catchphrases to describe their progressive agendas. Pence told the recent CPAC gathering in the nation’s capital: “Bernie [Sanders] has been joined by a chorus of candidates and newly elected officials who have papered over the failed policies of socialism with bumper-sticker slogans and slick social-media campaigns.”
Of course, delusional people have no idea that one or more of these promises will put the final nail into our financial coffin and put millions out of work and could signal martial law and the end of America as we know it.
The Socialists seem to want a model of society based on where China is heading…cashless, oppressive and controlled social behavior which is monitored 24/7…and they have armies of well funded and organized sympathizers at their beck and call rally to their Leftist cause. Your rights will be essentially outlawed or tightly controlled, health care controlled and doled out by government authorized providers [if any doctors remain they will likely be substandard and waiting times could be lengthy as seen in other nations where national health care programs are in place].
The media will be controlled and/or censored [we’ve already seen that by the elimination/suppression of conservative voices on Facebook, Twitter and Google] and the one conservative voice many of us enjoyed, Fox, recently bit the dust when it was acquired the the Disney giant. Americans are herded into idealogical-controlled channels as most of the crap on media outlets isn’t suitable for those who think for themselves…
The way America is headed I won’t be surprised to see public book burnings like the Nazis did during the 1940s…the well-funded unhinged LEFT [George Soros, Tom Steyer Bloomberg, etc.] is already doing its best to undermine our nation and to revise our history by pulling down statues of southern Civil War leaders and crying out for reparations for slavery [should we deduct the welfare payments they’ve received or make such payments to Union soldier who died to secure the freedom of slaves]?
The LEFT won’t be happy until it controls, destabilizes and dominates all media and thought. Personally, I stopped using Facebook about a year ago and do not miss it. I still use twitter to promote this blog but am questioning the wisdom of that too…I just started looking at Gab and Minds to carry on conservative conversations with like-minded souls…and of course, since Google hosts my blog I have noted they stopped promoting it as well and I plan to start using DuckDuckGo or StartPage to assist with my promotional efforts.
Avoiding the gatekeepers is a challenge when you’re up against Silicon Valley controllers such as Apple, Google and others.
No doubt few seemed to notice how the media peddled false information about Trump time and time again, its discredited Trump/Russia conspiracy theories have been peddled non-stop without apology while Big Media are diminishing the voices of Trump’s internet influencers ahead of the 2020 elections…even downplaying the fact that John McCain was the secret leak behind the Trump dossier to the media, lambasting Trump for his tweets blasting this action.
Search engine results and social media trends now point people to establishment-approved sources. Independent, alternative news sources that once thrived online are now blacklisted, shadow banned or are hidden from public view. [NewsGuard is an effort by Big Media to give its “approved” or so-called trustworthy status in your smartphone to sites…it gives such status to BuzzFeed which in my opinion makes it a joke]!
Facebook, for instance, still allows the anti-white, anti-semite minister Louis Farrakhan to blather on and allowed B-list nut-jobs who parade around with a bloody ‘Trump head’ access but will deny non-violent conservatives such as Jesse Kelly, Roger Stone, Gavin McInnes, Tommy Robinson and others a platform!
The Democratic Party gains has been built on executive fiat and the stupidity of poorly educated voters which is why they are so anxious to allow floods of even more non-citizens flood into our nation though our southern border [and then bribe them with lots of goodies in the form of FREE money/welfare/food stamps/medical coverage, etc. when we don’t even adequately offer those services to citizens!
Despite the perpetual stream of Left wing stories of about spies, twitter bots, troll farms and the like, there has been exactly ZERO evidence of a single voter who changed their mind due to social media interaction much less had their vote changed for them by a foreign power.
Now the Left wants to change the Electoral College system because even though it has worked properly for more than 225 years, now they are crying over Trump’s win…The College considers all Americans in campaigns but Democratic Rep Steve Cohen of TN wants to undermine this system effectively allowing NY and CA to run the nation!
I don’t imagine our Founders had ever wanted small states to voluntarily surrender their proportional representation but that’s what the “fix” Cohen and Dems from CO are trying to do…good luck with that-I guess you can’t fix stupid when it comes to many Democrats.
The complete erosion of civil liberties and bankrupting America seems to be the ultimate goal for Socialist-Democratic Party. Perhaps they will succeed and perhaps they will ignite another civil war as well?!
Saving America from the forces of radical social-democrats who want to cripple America seems an almost insurmountable task in light of the amount of money they seem to have along with how much of mainstream media and internet outlets they now control.
P.S. Think about the possibility of a crisis so massive that our civilization simply will not come back from it. We'll have to work hard to survive and rebuild, as well as trade and pass on knowledge to future generations.
The movie Waterworld comes to mind and I can't help but imagine what things will be like. There will be no banks, and while I believe that we won't have money in its traditional sense, we will be using various currencies to trade. Prepping some items now will put you ahead of the curve by leaps and bounds if an event like this ever occurs.
So, here's what I stash...
1. Ammo. Ammo is going to be a huge bartering point throughout the collapse. Eventually, someday, it will run out. But that won't stop people from trading for it.
2. Precious metals. It's silly, because who needs gold when there's a food shortage? But you'll be surprised. Throughout history, society has been known to revert to using precious metals, because it is a common medium to which we can assign value.
3. Thread and needle. This is another interesting currency that has stood the test of time. People can repair many different items with needle and thread.
4. Tools. Everybody needs tools. And the best news about tools is that they are not exactly disposable. I have stocked extra hammers, saws and woodworking tools; because I know I will not miss them if I trade them.
5. Shoes. While there are ways to fashion some type of clothes post-crisis, shoes are much more difficult, so stock several good pairs of hiking boots if you can afford to do so. Be sure to buy them in the sizes of your family members. This way, if your spouse or kids need shoes and there is no crisis, you can simply use them.
6. Knowledge. Perhaps the best currency around, knowledge has been, is, and always will be prized by all. Capitalize on the time that you have, while the libraries are still open and the internet is still on. Buy how-to books that deal with hunting, trapping, and fishing gardening and building, tool-making and repair, as well as vet science and medicine. Believe me, if there's one thing people will want - it's knowing how to do things they didn't have to know how to do prior to the collapse. This is the stuff we will have to teach our kids.
7. Seeds. Another good option is to buy a couple of extra cans of long-term storage seeds. People want to eat, and there is nothing better than fresh organic fruit, herbs and vegetables.
8. Toys. People go to great lengths to keep their kids happy. While people will likely have toys immediately post-collapse, sooner or later, they will want more. You can make some good trades for LEGOs.
Invest into creative things people might want, too, such as musical instruments and art supplies. Life after a crisis is about survival, but it doesn't have to be boring and I don’t mind being the "cool guy" once in a while. If you wonder what else you should or shouldn’t stash, or if you have some particularly interesting barter items of your own you want to share, feel free to drop me a line!
Until you see clearly how the NEW rules of society work, you will be trapped within a system of Progressive control.
What you mistake for reality is instead a fabricated simulation, designed to keep you trapped right where the system wants you.
Yours in Self Reliance,
Bruce ‘the Poor Man’
A Final Note…
Contributors and subscribers enable the Poor Man Survivor to post 150+ free essays annually. It is for this reason they are Heroes and Heroines of New Media. Without your financial support, the free content would disappear for the simple reason that I cannot keep body and soul together on my meager book sales & ecommerce alone.
This Simple "Hack" Can Resurrect Dead Batteries Save You Thousands of $$'s
A Simple Hack to Resurrect Your Batteries…This Simple "Hack" Can Resurrect Dead Batteries Save You Thousands of $$'s
Go here now to watch this brief video presentation to learn how to stop spending too much on batteries for all your devices.
Disaster can strike at any time. A crisis will not wait until you and your family members are safely together. That's why having a communications plan is critical.
Your survival communications plan should cover at the minimum:
Your survival communications plan should cover at the minimum:
1. Primary and secondary meeting place within the neighborhood (in case of fire or home invasion). These two places can be a neighbor's house and a neighborhood park.
2. Primary and secondary meeting place in town (in case your neighborhood is evacuated). You can choose a library, a church or a coffee shop.
3. Two out-of-state points of contact. These two points of contact should be your relatives or family friends that do not live in your state. Call them in case of an emergency and let them know if you are okay. It may be easier to make long-distance calls, as the lines in town may be tied up. These 2 contacts should be able to help you communicate with other family members in town.
4. Contact info distribution. You need to create multiple copies of all family members' and close friends' contact information and distribute these copies to the said family members and friends. I've seen families on different sides of town unable to make contact with each other because they can't remember the number and they didn't have the contact list securely on them. That is one of the stupidest and most avoidable mistakes.
5. If you’re a parent, you should have your kids' school/day care contact info on you, including teacher's cell numbers if they agree to share them with you.
I recommend buying long-range walkie-talkies and putting them in your EDC bags or emergency car kits. It's challenging to get younger kids to keep their walkie-talkie in their backpack without showing it off at school or losing it, but you should try anyway. It will give you a great peace of mind to know that you can communicate with your child. Just check it every morning when you give them their lunch and don't forget to charge it periodically.
If you want to become an emergency communications pro, I would recommend getting a radio. While many "experts" will tell you to use a HAM radio, I am not a huge fan. See, operating a HAM radio requires a license. There are a handful of licensees in every state, the operation is heavily regulated by the FCC and tabs are kept on everyone who has one of those. Opt instead for a sideband radio, invest in a good antenna and amplifier and learn, learn, learn the ropes before you attempt to make your first contact.
If I have one major piece of advice regarding communicating in an emergency, it's this: do not use the phone to call - text instead.
The phone systems (if they are still operable) will be overloaded. You have a much better chance of getting through to a loved one via text message.
Looking for more survival communications advice? Today get this shirt and Join the United Survivalists Association for FREE and learn critical survival skills before it’s too late!
How To Prepare For A Dying Future (James W.)
Over the last few years I have covered, on this blog, the rise of populist politics across the developed world, the growing risk of resource scarcity, the impact of a changing climate and the cultural and economic impact of demographic shifts and how these various dynamics will interact in the coming decades.
Social Chaos Survival Guide: Savvy Precautions-Become Self-Reliant
Ultra Safe Heater
A Safe Space Heater for Your Home!
What is the main concern about space heaters today? Safety. The Envi is not like any other heater you will find on the market. It is safe for the entire family. With the Envi, you can rest assured that your children and pets are safe and warm.
· The envi is cool to the touch. It reaches only 90 degrees F on the front surface.
· The envi has WallSens Technology. It will not heat without being mounted to the wall.
· The envi has a built in Automatic Thermal cutoff. If air from the envi exceeds a safe temperature, the envi heater will power off.
· The envi is wall-mounted. It cannot be knocked over, tipped over, or tripped over.
· The envi can be left on 24/7 unattended.
· The envi is fanless. It won't catch little fingers or hair.
With thought and foresight, the envi was born. We have created a safe space heater that will last for many years and keep you and your family safe.
The Envi is also a healthy space heater that is great for those with asthma or respiratory problems.
Save 20% by using this link!
You Can’t Buy Life Insurance After You’re Dead-Prepare NOW for Emergencies. Resources & more…
Who doesn't like cool gadgets and survival gear? I know I do! So when I was done prepping all of the basic items lie fire starters and medical supplies, I turned my attention to a bit more unique gear. These 10 items are awesome to have and will definitely put you above the crowd.
1. MIDLAND XT511 2 Way Radio with Dynamo Crank Power*
This little radio is available from Midland Corporation and is a must-have. It has 5 power options, including the crank option. It is packed with a ton of features. Besides the good old AM/FM radio, clock and NOOA Weather radio, the XT511 has 22 channels, 121 privacy codes, 5 call alerts, voice control and activation and activity monitor (notifies you if it finds activity on one of your selected channels.)
2. Goal Zero Yeti 150 Solar Generator, available from Goal Zero
Yeti 150 is portable and very handy. You can charge it by connecting it to a solar panel, wall outlet or your car. I've used it to power my smart phone and laptop before. You can also use it to power a headlamp, a digital camera or a tablet.
This tape is pure beast. I think it is among the most durable repair tapes I've used. You can use it to repair a tent, patch up an inflatable boat or to tape plastic over a broken car window. I have taped my backpack and jacket with it, too and it's held up quite well.
You can use this Sun Flair oven to cook pizza, dry fruits and veggies and disinfect water. It is portable and comes with its own pots.
The Food Saver vacuum seals your food to make it last longer, avoid freezer burn and taste better. You can also use it to waterproof things.
I can't tell you enough how useful night vision equipment can be in a survival situation. The thing is, it's pretty pricey. Instead of buying the goggles, opt for this monocular.
7. Tactical Vest *
This vest is lightweight, fully adjustable and gives you plenty of room to carry your ammo and gear. It even has a couple of hidden pockets for money and documents.
For those of us who live in cold climates, these boots are an absolute must. Even if it doesn't get below freezing, you will eventually get very cold in the regular flimsy department store boots.
If you don't have this little kit, you are losing out. In a prolonged crisis you will likely end up in the wilderness periodically or frequently to look for food and water and you never know, you may get bit or stung. This pump takes care of venomous and poisonous bites and stings from insects, snakes and marine creatures. You won't have to cut the wound either, which is a huge plus if you ask me.
This GPS is a rugged hand held navigator with a built-in world map, wireless sharing capability, area calculation option and a whole 20 hours of battery life.
I recommend that you invest in good tools and gear, but keep in mind that no gadget will save your life unless you practice good basic survival strategies.
*Available at our storefront – PLUS grab one of our popular emergency solar/wind-up/battery back-up power plants…
Find self reliance goods at:
Support our efforts by shopping my storefront…
A Smoking Frog Feature, Shallow Planet Production