Keep Our Service Free-Donate

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Cheap Emergency Food Often Overlooked, Making the un-Paper Towel


 

 

 

Poor Man Survival

Self Reliance tools for independent minded people…


 

ISSN 2161-5543

A Digest of Urban Survival Resources

 

Extinction is the rule, survival is the exception.  >>Carl Sagan

 



How To Make Unpaper Towels


   During the past five years our family has used eight paper towel rolls…the only thing I like them for is cleaning glass and car windows.  Otherwise, I use rags.  Saves a ton of cash and it is better for the environment.

Confession: I Have A Stack Of Paper Plates . . .


Sitting in my pantry, because as a soon-to-be-mama of three I have no illusions about how far my super powers go. Sometimes victory looks like scrambled eggs for dinner, you know? Ain’t nobody got time to do a load of dishes just to have something to serve them on!

Ahem. 

Most days, though, I try to make more eco-friendly choices: cloth diapering, composting, local food, using real dishes, and avoiding paper towels where possible. On that last one, my strategy until recently was to use old rags and tea towels while keeping out the real deal for guests. Truth be told, though, I missed the convenience of tearing a towel straight off the holder, so when I came across the unpaper towel concept I knew I had to try it!

Problem Is . . .


I don’t have a sewing machine. And unless you count homemade beauty products, my crafty score is 0. Fortunately, with a little help from Youtube I was able to straight stitch my way to unpaper bliss. (What, you DIDN’T learn how to sew on Youtube? Pshaw)

How To Make Unpaper Towels…Get the rest here:



No comments: